Code Of Practice

Code of Practice

Code of Practice

Orewa Beach School has agreed to observe and be bound by the “Code of Practice for Pastoral Care of International Students”. Copies of the code are available from the school or from New Zealand Qualifications Authority at:


Complaints and Concerns

Students and parents may experience problems and difficulties in adjusting to life in New Zealand. Any problems will be first addressed by the Teacher and, then the Deputy Principal of International Students if needed. The school’s Complaints Policy is applicable to International Students and their parents. The school adheres to the “Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students”. An appeal authority operates through the New Zealand Qualification Authority. The Domestic Resolution Scheme commenced on 1 July 2016. If you have a complaint about Orewa Beach School, you can contact the New Zealand Qualifications Authority(NZQA) by phone at 0800 697 296 or email, if it is a financial or contractual dispute, you can contact Fair Way Resolution by phone on 0800774422. More information is available on the Fair Way Resolution website: NZQA has produced a brochure for international students about the complaints process (PDF,148KB). In keeping with government legislation, Orewa Beach School will only enrol students who are living with a parent(s) for the duration of their stay at our school.



Orewa Beach School undertakes to treat all complaints raised by students and parents seriously

(including problems with other students).
If there is a problem, in the first instance, please talk with your son or daughter’s teacher. If the issue has not been dealt with to your satisfaction please make an appointment at the school office to speak with the Deputy Principal with the responsibility for International Students.

If you have seen the appropriate persons but the issue has not been solved, then please ask the school office to make an appointment with the Principal.

If you are still not satisfied then you can write to the Chairperson of the School Board of Trustees.